Wednesday, April 18, 2012

J.L.A. by Gaslight



This was a piece I worked on after I came across a toy series based on the Justice League. The premise is based on what they may look like if theyed
existed in the Victorian era of the "Gotham by Gaslight", a story drawn by Mike Mignola. I loved researching the clothing and costume from that period and would really like to work on some larger project sometime.
I was aiming for the sort of opaque, high contrast look you might see in old Victorian Era photography or posters.



Concept work of the Man of Steel himself.
















Harold "Hal" Jordan, a peasant class inventor with dreams of soaring through space, now a emerald clad gentleman with the power to conjour anything.

















1 comment:

  1. that actually sounds like a really awesome concept... if u ever do more of let me know:D how was comic con?xxx

    ReplyDelete